Social Action Walk

From: Canadian Friends of Burma <cfob@web.net>
Subject: SOCIAL ACTION WALK -SUPPORT BURMA!

WIN A PRIZE! ----SUPPORT BURMA! -----WIN A PRIZE! ----SUPPORT BURMA!---HAVE
FUN!
-------------------------------
Dear Friends of Burma,

We invite you to join the Ottawa Burma Roundtable at the social action walk
on June 5th. Walk alongside us (and many other worthwhile groups) and
support Burma's struggle for human rights and democracy. We challenge you to
find at least 5 sponsors for the event.

The person with the most sponsors will win a prize!! - a book by Canadian
author Alan Clements called "Voice of Hope" which documents Clement's
conversations with Nobel Laureate and Burmese democracy leader, Aung San Suu
Kyi.

SOCIAL ACTION WALK  - Saturday, June 5th, 1999

The Peace and Environment Resource Centre (PERC) is excited to once again be
organizing the Social Action Walk (formally "The Walk for Peace, the
Environment, and Social Justice"). We invite you to join in with other local
groups to strengthen the spirit of our community, and to recognize some of
our common goals and visions.

The Route

The Walk will begin at Central Park in the Glebe (Bank at Patterson) where
registration and preliminary activities will take place at 10am. The Walk
itself will start at 11am, and the route will follow the Rideau Canal
towards Hartwell locks, where we'll pass the arboretum and round Dow's Lake.
The Walk will conclude as we head up 5th Ave. and back to Central Park. The
route is approximately 8 km long, and will take approximately 2-3 hrs to
complete.

Events and Activities

This year we have invited the Raging Grannies to help us kick off the Walk
with a few of their spirited verses. At activity stops during the Walk
you'll have the opportunity to interact with other walkers, and learn new
information. We'll finish the Walk with refreshments at the Park, where
you'll also have a chance to check out the tables at the Info-Fair. Don't
forget to stick around for our prize give- aways which will be awarded to
lucky groups and individuals!

Canadian Friends of Burma
145 Spruce St.#206
Ottawa, Ontario