CfSC Party! Wednesday May 26, 1999

WHAT:  Citizens for Safe Cycling 15th Anniversary Party
WHERE: The courtyard at 111 Lisgar Avenue, Laurier entrance (RMOC headquarters)
WHEN:  Wednesday, May 26, 1999. Refreshments 6-8pm. Ride at 7pm. [Rain or shine, covered area]

Please confirm attendance by leaving number attending in your group at
722-4454 (answering machine, 24 hours, or e-mail cfsc@cfsc.ottawa.on.ca
so we can have sufficient refreshments for everyone.

WHY:

1999 is CfSC's 15th Anniversary. Come out for some cake and beverages, some
good conversation.

Meet Ryan Lanyon, CfSC's new Cycling Safety and Promotion Program
coordinator. Ryan has a background in urban planning and experience
managing volunteer organizations.

Talk to us about what's going on in the region and what'd you think is
going well and what is going wrong. Chat with your representatives of the
city and regional cycling advisory committees.

Bring your bike: at 7pm we'll take a short guided group ride around downtown
Ottawa to look at some of the improvements that have been made in the last 15 years
for cycling and some opportunities and challenge for the next 15 years.

CfSC is the voluntary association of cyclists like you who work for better,
safer, environmentally- friendly cycling in Ottawa-Carleton.  CFSC promotes
safe and efficient cycling in the Ottawa-Carleton region by advocating:
     * ACCEPTANCE of the responsible cyclist as a legitimate road-user
     * EDUCATION of all cyclists to improve their riding and traffic skills
       and also of other road-users to help them accommodate cyclist traffic
       as part of their normal driving skills
     * IMPROVED ENGINEERING to facilitate cyclist traffic such as proper
       traffic control systems, adequate lane widths and sufficient, secure
       parking
     * LEGISLATION that is effective and properly enforced
     * REPRESENTATION of cycling issues to all levels of government

The area is wheelchair accessible. We will have cover in case it is raining.