1. 60min today; 2. Open House Tues; 3. final Y2K Teleconference Thurs.

1. Watch 60 Minutes, today Sun, 23 May, 7pm on Y2K
On Global-TV, CBS-TV ( ...for those of you with TV... ;-)

Unlike Ottawa-Carleton, despite the billions being spent to deal with the
Y2K computer bug, many cities in America are uncertain they'll be able to
continue to provide basic services like water and electricity on Jan. 1, 2000.

60 Min. can be sensational and biased. What about Ottawa-Carleton? The
situation may be better, but community preparedness remains a must. Come to
our...

2. Open House, Y2K Centretown Preparedness Project
Come anytime between 5:30 - 7:30 pm, Tues, 25 May

Snacks... refreshments... Utne Y2K Guides at cost...
Free seeds for your garden... assorted free information...
Excerpts of "non-alarmist" Y2K preparedness videos...
A survey on y2k community prep progress all over North America

At the spacious new quarters of the
Centretown Community Health Centre (CCHC)
420 Cooper St. between Bank and Kent

This Project is a NEW partnership between CCHC, Centretown Citizens
Community Association, and Y2K Regional Preparedness Group, soon to be
based at CCHC. Urgent priorities are to prepare:

- our homes
- our blocks, especially to identify people most vulnerable
- non-profit groups in our community

Plus: prepare for a very positive midday experience...

3. Making Meaning: A Challenge for the New Century
Last of 3 videoconferences, 12 - 3 pm, Thurs, 23 May

University of Ottawa, 139 rue Louis Pasteur, room 286
(between Campus transit station and King Edward Ave.)
Bring your lunch, we'll bring the juice.
Sliding scale, $5-15. No one will be turned away for lack of funds
Cheques payable to "Washington State University." Or VISA/MC

12:00 Opening Discussion
12:30 First broadcast
13:15 feedback by phone or fax
13:45 Second broadcast with feedback
14:30 Closing Discussion

People are talking about the need for community and resilience in turbulent
times. Where do we find the strength to face the uncertainties and
difficulties?

On May 27th, join over 100 communities around the U.S. and Canada to
address this question by
participating in this live interactive Resilient Communities
videoconference. The program will explore personal and spiritual practices
that honor work, family, community and the environment.

Special guests include:

Rachel Bagby
Vocal musician, deep ecologist, and author of "Divine Daughters"

Vicki Robin
Dubbed by the New York Times as the prophet of "consumption downsizing" and
co-author of "Your Money or Your Life"

Robert Theobald
Renowned speaker on social change for 40 years, cancer survivor, and author
of "Reworking Success." He speaks about the “interesting” times in which we
are living. Many are inspired by his ability to make sense of things.

Co-produced by Northwest Regional Facilitators, a Spokane, Washington
non-profit community organizing agency, and Washington State University
Cooperative Extension.

For more information on community resiliency, visit the website at
http://www.resilientcommunities.org.

For more information on all these events,

Terry Cottam, y2k-ottawa@inode.org, (613) 236-6433
* Centretown Contact, y2k Regional Preparedness Group
* Ottawa-Carleton Community Preparedness website: http://y2k.inode.org
* Subscribe to preparedness discussion, y2k-news, y2k-events (info on website)