[Fwd: Fred Phelps in Ottawa June 28]

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Fred Phelps in Ottawa June 28
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 19:59:52 -0400
From: raccoon@tao.ca

Date:	Mon, 14 Jun 1999 23:33:55 -0400
From:	David Bachner <dpbach@iname.com>

Hello everyone.  In case you have not heard, Fred Phelps (Westboro
Baptist Church) and the Religious Right are heading to Ottawa on Monday,
June 28 to protest the Supreme Court's ruling on same-sex couples.  The
announcement from his website is attached.

I think it is really important that we mobilize people for this.  There
is sure to be not only national media attention, but also media from the
U.S. there as well.  For those who don't know, he heads up the website
www.godhatesfags.com, and is reknowned for picketing funerals like
Matthew Sheppard.

The interesting thing is that the protest is taking place the day after
Toronto Pride.  Pride Day will be a perfect venue to not only educate
people about the Religious Right, but to also encourage people to attend

the protest. I hope that progressive organizations will work on sending
buses to Ottawa for this protest.  Buses could even leave Church &
Wellesley in Toronto in the early morning hours following Pride.

I have distributed this message widely, including to the database of the
Queering the Nation Conference in order to spread the word as quickly as
possible.  I apologize in advance if you receive this email more than
once due to overlapping databases.  Feel free to distribute to other
individuals, groups, or list-serves.  And, if you know of information
about buses, please let me know so that I can forward it.

Jeff Zoeller
Marketing and Development Manager
York University Student Centre
(416)-736-5658
jzoeller@yorku.ca

-------------------------------------

WBC to picket the godless Supreme Court of
Canada, Ottawa, in religious protest, June 28

On May 20, in blatant defiance of God Almighty & His revealed
Word on the matter, Canada's Supreme Court said it's OK for
fags to marry each other, thereby involving the wrath of God.
Canada is a grotesque, malignant tumor sitting atop Uncle Sam's
head, threatening to metastasize. "Have ye not read, that he
which made them at the beginning made them male and female,
And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother
and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one
flesh?" Matt. 19:4,5. Why did these evil judges spit in
God's face?

Sodomites are wicked and sinners before the Lord exceedingly
(Gen. 13:13), are violent and doom nations (Gen. 19:1-25),
are abomination to God (Lev. 18:22), are worthy of death for
their vile unnatural sex practices (Lev. 20:13), are called
dogs because they are filthy, impudent and libidinous
(Deut. 23:17,18), are liars and murderers; Jn. 8:44), are
filthy and lawless (2 Pet. 2:7,8), are natural brute beasts
(2 Pet. 2:12), are dogs eating their own vomit and sows
wallowing in their own feces (2 Pet. 2:22). wil proliferate
at the end of the world bringing final judgment on mankind
(Lk. 17:28-32), have been finally given up by God to
uncleanness dishonoring their own bodies among themselves,
to vile affections, and to a reprobate mind such that they
cannot think straight about anything (Rom. 1:23-28), must
be pulled as fags from the fire (Jude 23), and have no hope
of Heaven (Rev. 22:15).

What manner of depraved, decadent, debauched and degenerate
moral beasts in black robes would dare to give the sanction
of law to unions of "strange flesh" (Jude 7) vainly
imagining that two fag twain or dyke twain can be tantamount to that
holy "one flesh" established and ordained by God at the
creation? Gen. 1:27; 2:21-24. Shame on the Supreme Court of
Canada. If God's preachers should hold their peace at such
profane and sacriligious blasphemy by vile human judges
(Psalms 58 & 82), the stones would immediately cry out.
Lk. 19:40.

WBC will burn Canadian flag

Canada by its Luciferian, pro-gay antichristic laws &
judicial decrees has forever tainted its flag. Oppressed
God fearing groups in Canada faithfully visit WBC's Web site
(godhatesfags.com) to download and distribute WBC's flyers
underground, for fear of arrest & prosecution. WBC will
picket at the Su. Ct. Bldg., Kent & Wellington Sts., Ottawa,
June 28, with Gospel signs, including: God Hates Fags,
Fags Doom Nations, No Fags In Heaven, No Tears For Queers,
God Gave Fags Up; & flying Canada's Fag Flag upside down
& burning.