sunday july 11: earth*tones drum/dance circle

earth*tones: the drum & dance circle
sundays in july, august * 7-10:30 pm
major's hill park, ottawa
(north side, near the nat'l gallery)

* bring a drum or any other acoustic musical instrument and join the jam
* note the new location: because of budget cuts, artscourt will be closed
on sunday nights in july & august, so we will be going to major's hill
park instead. we'll be back at artscourt in september.

why go to a drum circle? these days, music tends to come pre-packaged in
metal and plastic laser-etched containers produced by transnational
corporations. drum circles are different - we collectively create our own
music, and there isn't the alienation from music-maker that you find with
today's plastic-fantastic music industry. if you don't have a drum, no
problem. you can bring other acoustic instruments too, and we share
whatever is placed in the centre of the circle. and if you'd just like to
listen or dance, that's cool too. so, check it out - join the jam.