Project Pisces: fish, phytoplankton need YOU

Worried about fish stocks plummetting? Want to help save salmon,
sturgeon and fisheries workers livlihoods? Want to help preserve
diminishing world food stocks? Save arable land?  Save fish habitat?

People know fish are good for your health -> there are a lot of reasons
to not just let our finny friends go belly up.

If this matter to you [and it should! good fish habitat means good
phytoplankton habitat and that means we all get to benefit from the
oxygen these small green aquatic plants provide to the world - over
60% of our oxygen is from the phytoplankton! You breath, dontcha? ;)
thought so! ] well then... the Dam-Reservoir Working Group would
LOOOOVE to hear from ya! :-)

OPIRG-Carleton's oldest working group is seeking volunteers keen to help
organize a fall event and some campaign stuff we have going concerning
preserving fish habitat from too much water development.

email me: dianne@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca for more info.

We are espcialy looking for artists and folks interested in postering and
helping with mailouts, photocopying and anyone whose good at whipping up
funding proposals.  Or you could go dig up stuff from the stacks, if
research turns your crank [in a *good* way! ;].  Regardless of your
experience, it's a good way to learn how to facillitate real world
change by working with OPIRG on one of our working groups.

Need more info about what we [the Dam Group] do/es?

Catch our website! It's at: http://www.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca/dams

-Dianne Murray
Coordinator, Dam-Reservoir Working Group
Webmistress, Dam-Reservoir Impact and Information Archive,
our award winning site, recommended by the Smithsonian Insitute's
online Ocean Planet exhibit :)  http://www.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca/dams