[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
(Fwd) WIAM job posting
Position Opening with World Inter-Action Mondiale:
Project Coordinator for Youth Outreach
World Inter-Action Mondiale (WIAM) is seeking a creative and
energetic individual for the position of Project Coordinator for Youth
Outreach. The successful candidate will be responsible for
developing, administering and implementing “Thinking Globally in
the Local Classroom,” an educational project aimed at high school
WIAM is a non-profit global education network with a 26 year
history of fostering international awareness in the Ottawa region.
WIAM acts as a catalyst organization to encourage local action
and involvement in social justice issues, north and south, through
film, radio and direct outreach. WIAM works to promote progressive
educational and cultural events; provide a public forum for
discussion, critical analysis and policy dialogue; support peoples
struggles at home and abroad; and foster an understanding of the
links between local and world communities.
The Project Coordinator will work with WIAM’s Board and Committees
to realize the effective delivery of the project. Primary
- developing five film and speaker modules on global issues aimed at high school students;
- implementing the five modules in the senior classes of a selected high school;
- designing and delivering professional development workshops on
global education for teachers and teachers in training;
- designing, producing and distributing information kits for youth on
global issues and resource kits for teachers and teachers-in-
training on teaching about global issues;
- evaluating the effectiveness and impact of the project; writing
interim and final reports; overseeing the project budget;
- providing administrative support to WIAM as needed; and
providing supervision to a student intern during February.
The ideal candidate will possess the following attributes:
- knowledge of popular and innovative education techniques;
- a background in education, either in the formal or non-formal
- a background in and knowledge of international development and global issues;
- experience in project management;
- demonstrated research and evaluation skills;
- and experience working for non-governmental organizations
The Project Coordinator is a one-year part-time position with a fixed
salary of $12,000, commencing preferably 10 January 2000. The
hours/week will be commensurate with experience, and will range
from 15 to 20. The nature of the project may require a greater
number of hours/week be worked from January to June than from
July to September.
To apply, prospective candidates should please send a cover letter
detailing interest and experience, along with a resume, to:
World Inter-Action Mondiale
323 Chapel Street, 3rd Floor
Candidates should call the WIAM office between 9:00 AM and 12:00 PM
at 613-238-4659 if they have any general questions. Applications may
also be sent by E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The application deadline is December 15, 1999.
------- End of forwarded message -------
CKCU Radio Carleton Inc.
517 Unicentre, 1125 Colonel By Drive
Ottawa, ON K1S 5B6
613-520-2600 x 1625 office
This is the OPIRGemail@example.com list. Announcement only please.
To unsubscribe, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and put
"unsubscribe" in the body.
Archive at: http://www.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca/lists/html/opirg-events/