Anti-fur demo

Title: Anti-fur demo
Who: ALIVE (All Life Is Valued Equally)
What: National Anti-Fur Day demo
Date: February 12, 2000
Time: 12:30pm
Location: 119 Bank St. (Birkholder Furs) (wheel chair accessible)
Contact: Deb Ozarko/225-8821/dozarko@cyberus.ca for more info
Description: The purpose of the demo is to support other Canadian cities who will also be participating in the 11th National Anti-Fur day protest (St. John's, Halifax, Moncton, Saint John, Fredericton, Montreal, Brockville, Kingston, Durham, St.Catherines, Toronto, Burlington, Hamilton, Guelph, Kitchener-Waterloo, London, Windsor, Regina, Edmonton, Calgary, Vancouver and Victoria have all indicated participation to date), and to educate the public of the cruelty of fur. The theme is "Have a heart - Don't Buy Fur" due to the fact that Valentines Day falls on the succeeding Monday.
This is a PEACEFUL demo. There will be no paint throwing, shouting of obscenities or any other harassement on our part (despite what we may all be thinking!).
We are hoping for a particularly strong turnout in the Nation's capital and, hopefully, the weather will co-operate. If it doesn't, perhaps our message will be even stronger with the media as they broadcast us braving the elements in our fleece and gortex!!!
====
"Take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented"