P&P-Friendly SPECIAL: TV Broadcast THIS MONDAY

People- & Planet- Friendly Events
=== SPECIAL BULLETIN ===

This is a BRIEF, SPECIAL BULLETIN regarding this
Monday:

NATIONAL CABLE-TV BROADCAST / PHONE-IN,
THIS Monday, March 27, 9pm (eastern).  "ARE WE DOING
ENOUGH TO PROTECT THE ENVIRONMENT?"

Member of Parliament Joe Jordan & other panel members will
answer your questions regarding "Are we doing enough to protect
the environment?"  This will be Mr. Jordan's first opportunity to
introduce the "Canada Well-Being Measurement Act", and explain
how it will help us achieve our environmental goals, on a national
broadcast.  The panel will need good questions.

The broadcast is on the Canadian Public Affairs Channel (CPAC).
***NOTE*** this channel is probably NOT in your TV guide -
but if you have cable, you *DO* receive it.  In Toronto &
Missisauga (Rogers A), I understand it is channel 70.  In other
areas, the channel number will vary: just look for the blue & white
"CPAC" logo in the bottom right corner, or check your latest guide
from the cable company.

To ask a question, call toll-free: 1-877-296-2722

"It is not in society's interest to charge only for the direct
costs of putting goods on the market. If the production and
disposal of goods creates problems, it is unjust to expect
tax payers to pay for correction, and it is immoral to leave
the problems for future generations."
              - Joe Jordan, M.P., Leeds-Grenville

See: Mr. Jordan's initiative to address this concern at
the "Measuring Well-Being" link at:
http://www.cyberus.ca/choose.sustain

The "Canada Well-Being Measurement Act" is posted at:
http://www.cyberus.ca/choose.sustain/7GB/preview5.shtml

"If you agree that a GDP-guided economy and GDP-justified
political system are not adequate to provide for human needs, we
have cause for cooperation.  The 7th Generation Initiative aims to
establish ways of measuring progress which include: economic
inclusion, the recognition of unpaid work, involvement in decision
making, opportunities for personal development, biodiversity,
long-term management of renewable and non-renewable natural
resources and pollution.  Are you with us?"

Mike Nickerson
Sustainability Project - Inviting Debate
P.O. Box 374, Merrickville, Ontario
K0G 1N0
(613) 269-3500
e-mail:  sustain@web.net
http://www.cyberus.ca/choose.sustain

More about CPAC:  CPAC's main programming is the discussions
in the House of Commons.  Other public affairs programs are
scheduled between sittings, 24 hours a day.  The show is called
"Round Table", a national, live phone-in aired Mondays &
Wednesdays from 9 to 10pm..

***NOTE*** This message is not intended to endorse any M.P. or
party, but rather to draw attention to an important opportunity to
discuss these issues.  It is being sent in a "special bulletin" only
because we received late notice.

***HELP*** The People- & Planet-Friendly Events would like to
carry announcements of more TV & radio broadcasts relating to
environmental & social issues.  I invite your submissions - and
your suggestions as to how to keep on top of this (I am rather
TV-illiterate).

...one other late posting...

* RURAL WASTEWATER CENTRE - INAUGURAL CONFERENCE,
Mon-Tue Mar 27-28, Mississauga.  "On-site Wastewater Systems -
Protecting the Environment into the next Millenium".   At the
Delta Meadowvale Resort in Mississauga.  sbontege@uguelph.ca
rpetrong@open.uoguelph.ca  http://www.orwc.uoguelph.ca

ABOUT THE P&P-FRIENDLY EVENTS

The "People- & Planet-Friendly Events & Resources" is
a free weekly newsletter of upcoming "sustainable living",
environmental and social justice happenings in Toronto
& Ontario.  It includes talks, films, festivals, meetings,
workshops, courses, conferences, protests, broadcasts --
a wide variety of events and resources, from a wide variety
of organizations.  It is e-mailed weekly to thousands of
interested persons & organizations around the province.

For more information, see: http://www.web.net/~ppf

TO SUBMIT A LISTING:  Send an e-mail to icontario@aol.com
(cc icontario@hotmail.com) Include contact info.
If possible, please submit your listing as text
in the body of your message.

TO SUBSCRIBE/UN-SUBSCRIBE:  Send an e-mail to
icontario@aol.com  (cc icontario@hotmail.com)
asking to be added to / removed from the list.

PLEASE DISTRIBUTE WIDELY -
PLEASE FORGIVE CROSS-POSTINGS

(This is a free service: accuracy is not guaranteed. Events
listed here are not necessarily endorsed by the author.)

      - Peter Blanchard

The People- & Planet-Friendly Events
Box 183, Station P, 704 Spadina Ave., Toronto M5S 2Z2
e-mail: icontario@aol.com (cc icontario@hotmail.com)
Web-site: http://www.web.net/~ppf

PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD TO YOUR ON & OFF-LINE FRIENDS!