Wed. Apr.19 - Earth Day Activities, Ottawa

*****   1.  Earth Fair - April 19 - Sparks Street Mall (11am-3pm)
*****   2.  E.D. Fest 2000 - April 19 - Barrymore's (7pm)

        We have posters to post if anyone has time!

Earth Fair - April 19 - Sparks Street Mall (11am-3pm)

This year marks the 30th anniversary of Earth Day, a day to celebrate
the planet and raise the public's awareness of threats to our global
ecosystem. The Sierra Club of Canada, in conjunction with over 20
environmental organizations and businesses, celebrates the 30th
anniversary of Earth Day on Sparks Street Mall.

Earth Fair 2000 is a showcase of issues and technologies relating to
environmental health, climate change, pesticides, biodiversity,
forestry, sustainable development, genetic engineering as well as
many other issues. Live music, guest speakers and environmentally
friendly prizes will be available. This event will be powered by
renewable solar energy.

The Sierra Club of Canada is a national grassroots non-profit
organization working on environmental issues of concern to Canadians,
and to people all around the world.
                                       -30-

For more information please contact John Purkis at the Sierra Club of
Canada (241-4611)     email: John Purkis <sierra@web.net>

               ====================================

E.D. Fest 2000 - April 19 - Barrymore's (7pm)

This year marks the 30th anniversary of Earth Day, a day to celebrate
the planet and raise public awareness of threats to our global
ecosystem. Sierra Club of Canada Presents in conjunction E.D. Fest
2000, an Earth Day Benefit Concert, Featuring well-known artists
including The Crowd (14 piece rhythm & Blues), Cosmos, Rhume and more.

Join us for E.D. Fest 2000 at Barrymore's 323 Bank St. on Wednesday
April 19th.     Doors open at 7.  Environmentally friendly prizes will be
available.

Don't miss out on this environmentally friendly event, get your
tickets while you can.

Tickets $10 advance or $12 at the door.
For ticket information call -
Sierra Club of Canada (241-4611),
Barrymores (233-0307),
Ticketmaster (755-1111),
Arbour Environmental Shop (800 Bank Street -  567-3168).
Look for our volunteers at your local shopping malls and
Mountain Equipment Coop.