Re: wednesday - meeting to organize affordable housing presentation

I initiated this and tried to get peo-ple interested
and no one [save one person] replied.

Avi didn't want to anything till I approached him.
Karen Hawley and  have been up to our eyeballs
with other stuff.

What we badly need for this are co-sponsors. I can't
make the meeting [doublebooked] but have written
an article whcih will be in the upcoming issue of PEN,
concerning the event.

I can be reached at dianne@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca

I tried emailing jeremy at tao about this but got a bounce back -
now this appears.

I am glad there are more people willing to work on
it but must admit I am wondering why no one at tao
who I approached thought to respond and then this shows up.

wishing I coiuld make the meeting but the notice is too sudden,

-Dianne

> Avi Freidman, an architecture professor at McGill has developed plans for
> affordable housing which he wishes to present at a speaking event, followed
> by a discussion about the possibilities of embracing such a project.
> there will be a meeting to organize such an event at OPIRG-Carleton (at the
> Uni-Centre) this WEDNESDAY, MARCH 22 AT 5:30.  anyone interested in

For those interested the OPIRG-Carleton office is located at
326 Unicentre and is accessible by only one of the buildings staircases
as the third floor is split by Porter Hall.

Take the stairs from the main entrance at the loading docks, the northern
set closest to Ziggy's, the CUSA offices, the MSA's prayer room, as
well as Porter Hall, not the other end near the cafeteria and
Mike's Place, Oliver's, Rooster's.

I have some useful contact numbers I've been beavering away at for
the last month on this.

-D.