"Randy Kay": HAMILTON WAR SHOW SATURDAY JUNE 17

  I'm forwarding this through, since they seem to have made provisions
for Ottawa people to attend.

From: "Randy Kay" <grassroots@hwcn.org>(by way of Mary Foster <mfoster@web.ca>)
Subject: HAMILTON WAR SHOW SATURDAY JUNE 17
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2000 17:45:41 -0400 (EDT)
Sender: mfoster@web.ca

join the

FESTIVAL OF LIFE AT THE HAMILTON INTERNATIONAL WAR SHOW, JUNE 17, 2000

NON VIOLENT TRANSFORMATION/RESISTANCE/FESTIVAL

CONTENTS: 1. free buses 2. schedule of events 3. NATO in action

BUSES TO HAMILTON: Contact information for: (more details to come)

Guelph: Meet at 5:30 p.m. Friday June 16 at the Royal Plaza (corner of
Gordon and Paisley) Call (519) 829-3272 to reserve a spot

Toronto: Friday, June 16, 5:30 pm Place to be determined. Call (416)
651-5800 or tasc@web.net

Ottawa: To connect for a ride call (613) 567 8647 (Karen) or e-mail
allmaya@hotmail.com

WAR SHOW NON VIOLENT RESISTANCE/FESTIVAL OF LIFE:

FRIDAY JUNE 16 evening -- Dinner, Scenario Meeting, Training

SATURDAY JUNE 17 -- civil society funstuff with Raging Grannies, Women Folk,
fiddlers, direct action, etc.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"As always, the operational requirements of the various Armed Forces
contributing aircraft to the aerial display could result in a participating
aircraft being withdrawn" www.hamiltonairshow.on.ca

SEE THE EC-130 Hercules AWACS and the USAF F-16 at the Hamilton
International War Show!

Read about their exploits in a Transcript of mission radio traffic! (quoted
in Defense & Foreign Affairs Strategic Policy Monthly):

Pilot: "Good day, I am in position 80. No movement underneath. Please
information of red MiGs [jargon for Yugoslav combat aircraft]

AWACS: "Hello Charlie Bravo. Mother here. Patrol northwest direction
Prizren-Dakovica. There are no red MiGs in the air."

Pilot: "OK, I am going to 3,000ft."

AWACS: "Mother to Charlie Bravo. You get reinforcements in about 10 minutes.
There will be something interesting south of Dakovica."

Pilot: "Charlie Bravo to Mother. I am coming out of the clouds, still
nothing in sight."

AWACS: "Mother to Charlie Bravo. Continue to the north, course 280."

Pilot: "Charlie Bravo to Mother. I am keeping 3,000 feet. Under me columns
of cars, some kind of tractors. What is it? Requesting instructions."

AWACS: "Mother to Charlie Bravo. Do you see tanks? Repeat, where are the tanks?"

Pilot: "Charlie Bravo to Mother, I see tractors. I suppose the Reds did not
camouflage tanks as tractors."

AWACS: "Mother to Charlie Bravo. What kind of strange convoy is this? What,
civilians? Damn, this is all the Serb's doing. Destroy the target."

Pilot: "Charlie Bravo to Mother. What should I destroy? Tractors? Ordinary
cars? Repeat, I do not see any tanks. Request additional instructions."

AWACS: "Mother to Charlie Bravo. This is a military target, a completely
legitimate military target. Destroy the target. Repeat, destroy the target."

Pilot: "Charlie Bravo to Mother. OK, copy. Launching."

One of four refugee convoys bombed by NATO in one day during the week of
April 11-17, 1999 in Kosovo. (The New Rome & the New Religious Wars, by
Gregory R. Copley, Editor, Defense & Foreign Affairs Strategic Policy-April
29, 1999- online at: http://www.strategicstudies.org/crisis/balkans.htm)

SEE YOU AT THE WAR SHOW NEXT SATURDAY, JUNE 17.

"crazies...bleeding heart cranks...with a point!"

Contact the Fathers Day Coalition for Peace
Join the Close the War Show Committee
c/o Hamilton Action for Social Change
hasc@tao.ca  (905) 627-2696 or (905) 528-5925
1280 Main Street West, Box 19