come to the hamilton war show with us!

homes not bombs ottawa will be travelling to hamilton this weekend to
celebrate in a festival of life outside the hamilton international air (war)
show.  the air show is an annual event in hamilton which exhibits airplanes
and ground vehicles (only one of which is civilian).  because the show is
losing money each year, it has been granted charitable status and receives
$100,000 of taxpayers money to continue each year.
the festival of life will be set up on the long road entrance where people
line up to go park.  while they're waiting they'll see drummers, dancers,
singeres, huge puppets, jugglers, and other manifestations of joy rather than
destruction.  we want to send a clear message that we need not celebrate
technology that contributes to civilian deaths in order to enjoy a fathers'
day weekend.

while this is a non-violent civil disobedience action, there will be an
opportunity to participate and contribute in a capacity with which you feel
comfortable.

vans from ottawa will be varied in departure times.  passangers can leave
either friday friday afternoon or friday evening, and return either saturday
evening or sunday.

we still have lots of room in the vans.  if you are interested in joining us,
give me (karen) a call at 567-8647

peace
karen emily