[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
NOW OPEN: re-Cycles Bicycle Co-op
The re-Cycles Bicycle Co-op is a non-profit, volunteer cooperative
- preventing bikes from becoming landfill;
- providing inexpensive bikes to those in need; and,
- promoting cycling as a non-polluting transportation alternative.
Our services include:
- Community Bike Repair Days > every Sunday from 2pm-6pm our shop is
open to the public for do-it-yourself bike repair. Fees for Members are
$2 per hour, Non-members $4 per hour (experienced mechanics are on hand
to provide advice). Annual memberships are $10, and include your first
- Bicycle Repair Workshops, including women's-only sessions > COMING SOON
- Inexpensive refurbished bicycles for sale
We're located at 112 Nelson Street (1/2 block north of Rideau, "Main
Entrance", in the basement)
Volunteers are always welcome, no experience is necessary. We currently
have a need for mechanics to repair donated bikes. Just show up during
our volunteer repairs sessions (Tue and Thur 6pm-10pm) and we'll get you started.
Lots of other people are needed for cycling promotion, policy
development, environment+health and safety, and much more.
For more info write to firstname.lastname@example.org, or just drop by the shop.
This is the OPIRGemail@example.com list. Announcement only please.
To unsubscribe, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and put
"unsubscribe" in the body.
Archive at: http://www.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca/lists/html/opirg-events/