[OPIRG-EVENTS] Discussion with Tony Clarke

Title: Discussion with Tony Clarke
From: "Armand Cote" <beauco@istar.ca>
To: <Undisclosed-Recipient:;@web.net>
Subject: Come and have a discussion with Tony Clarke, Director, Polaris Insitute Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2000 17:56:46 -0500

What is the Alternative to the Corporate Agenda?

Where is and What is the Citizens' Agenda?

The Ottawa Chapter of the Council of Canadians launches a series of discussion meetings to address these questions on Thursday October 26th, 7:00 to 9:30 p.m. at the Jack Purcell Community Centre downtown by Elgin Street.  Parking available at rear by entering Gilmour Street from Metcalfe.

It is time to couple a positive program to the expanding protest, criticism and opposition to destructive corporate capitalism.  More and more people are asking - What is the alternative to the erosion of democracy, social justice and the environment by the forces of neo-liberal, neo-conservative corporate values?

Many people say - Show me what to struggle for, not just against!  Show me how things can work differently and I will jump in!

Tony Clarke, a major figure in the global social justice struggle, will present the concept of the Citizens' Agenda as an alternative to the Corporate Agenda.  The Citizens' Agenda is a work in progress and Tony is in the thick of it.  There will be plenty of time for your questions and an open discussion.

Come and participate in the building of an inclusive society!  Come early if you want to have a seat!

Bring a friend!

Please forward this invitation to your own list if you see fit.

Armand Cote
Contact
Ottawa Chapter
The Council of Canadians