[OPIRG-EVENTS] CKCU FM Funding Drive

CKCU FM enters the "Drive to 25!"

The annual CKCU FM Funding Drive is here.  Everyone is encouraged to
support the effort to keep CKCU FM producing another year of alternative
campus and community programming.  For 25 years CKCU has been
broadcasting local news, a variety of music from Indian Classical to
Punk Rock, while training students and community members to produce
radio that reflects the community.

The Kick-off broadcast begins today at 1pm with interviews with: Randy
Williams, the station's first FM manager, and Craig Mackie,  the second
station manager who is currently the program manager of CBC radio
Sudbury.

This year's funding drive has a silver lining- we are celebrating our
25th Anniversary in November.  It was twenty five years ago when CKCU
fired up its transmitter and the station continues to broadcast due to
public support and involvement.  Station  Alumni can be found in nearly
every news room in Canada.

Each year CKCU FM listeners provide one third of our annual budget.  To
donate please call 520-3920 from October 27, until November 12th!

For more information please contact:

Lisa Fallis
Fundraising and Sponsorship Coordinator
Ph:(613) 520-2600 x 1622