[OPIRG-EVENTS] upcoming event info!!

event update - Octopus Books 116 Third Avenue, Ottawa, On
233-2589

This Sunday - November 19 at 3:00p.m.

Dr. Gloria Gilbere will be reading from her book I was poisoned by my body .

        This book, the first of its kind, directly connects the causes of the autoimmune disorders, inflammatory diseases and multiple chemical sensitivity with colon and digestive disorders.  It identifies the causes, effects and solutions using a non-drug, natural approach.  Dr. Gilbere combines personal experience and scientific research, emphasizing health-care, not symptom-care.

After the reading, we will have an informal discussion in which Dr. Gilbere will be happy to answer questions.

and just confirmed...

Thursday December 7, 7:30 p.m.

Return to the Drum: Teaching among the Dene in Canada's North
Miggs Wynne Morris

This is a story of survival - survival of a people and their way of life, and most importantly, the survival of the human spirit.  As Morris shares her experience of life with the Sahtuot'ine - the people of Great Bear Lake - her memories of these hard-working and proud people are interwoven with glimpses of their life from pre-European contact to the present.  Return to the Drum will enlighten and anger, uplift and delight readers.

Please join us!
All events are free of charge, there will be wine, cheese & other nibbles.  We are wheelchair accessible although washrooms are not.  If you have any questions, please call Octopus at 233-2589