[OPIRG-EVENTS] Next HDUUP Meeting November 20th (LONG)(fwd)

Contact Laura Bergen at the number given below for more information.
-keb

Forwarded message:
> From: "Bergen, Laura" <bergenla@rmoc.on.ca>
> Subject: Next HDUUP Meeting November 20th
> Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 13:40:02 -0500

* Please make note of this meeting's start time at 7:15 pm.

Health Dangers of the Urban Use of Pesticide Working Group

Date: 20 November 2000
Location: Billings Room, 111 Lisgar St, 2nd Floor
Time: 7:15 pm*

AGENDA

7:15 - 7:20     Approval of Agenda

7:20 - 7:30     Approval of Minutes  16 October 2000

7:30 - 7:45     Business Arising from the 16 October meeting

7:45 - 8:15     Canada Trust Funding - Pamphlets and Pesticide Kits:
                      - Update (KEN, Melissa McDonald, John Sankey)

8:15- 8:30     Updates on local campaigns to discourage pesticide use by
institutions including churches, schools, hospitals, commercial and gov't.
(Mike, Peggy)

8:30-8:45     Discussion on key areas of focus for the coming year eg  new
fed. pesticides act, signage issues with the province, allies in the medical
community, West Nile Virus, local campaigns, new Ottawa IPM, dandelion
festival.

9:00-9:15     Select new chair for HDUUP

 Information Items:
*	Protection of Health and the Environment Ctte. notice
*	Letter to Alan Rock: Dursban
*	Letter to Minister of the Environment, David Anderson:  Nonyl Phenol
classification
*	Letter to Medical Officer of Health re spraying for West Nile Virus
*	National Post Nov. 8 - Common pesticide linked to Parkinson's
*	Citizen Nov. 2 - Common garden, pet pesticide linked to Parkinson's
disease
*	CWWA Bulletin - Pesticides promoting air and water-borne bacteria
*	List of institutions who do not use pesticide spray

 Please retain this package for the meeting, November 20, 7:15 pm.

 Please contact me to confirm your attendance
(ph)560-1220    (fax)560-1203   bergenla@rmoc.on.ca

Health Dangers of the Urban Use of Pesticides Working Group