[OPIRG-EVENTS] important event tomorrow night

We would love to see you tomorrow night (Tuesday)

Tuesday December 5, 7:30p.m.

The Corporate Campus: Commercialization and the Dangers to Canada's
Colleges & Universities
edited by Jim Turk

For fifty years, the quality of education offered by Canadian universities
and colleges has steadily improved along with access to these
institutions.  Now these giants are in danger.  As tuition fees increase,
as colleges & universities make new and often secret arrangements with the
private sector, and as courses and research go "up for sale," Canada's
universities and colleges are losing sight of the public interest.

Please join us to celebrate this book and congratulate Jim!  As well, you
can learn more about this topic which affects us all but big business
does  not want us to know just how we are affected !

Please join us!
All events are free of charge, there will be wine, cheese & other
nibbles.  We are wheelchair accessible although washrooms are not.  If you
have any questions, please call Octopus at 233-2589