[OPIRG-EVENTS] jan. 11: pow wow & talk at carleton u (fwd)

Dear Friends,

The Aboriginal Students Council of Carleton
University will be hosting a day of Celebration at
Porter Hall here at Carleton University, confirmed
for Thursday, January 11, 2001.

9am - 12Noon - Guest Speakers Panel featuring - Dr.
Taiaiake Alfred (Director of the Indigenous
Government Program at the University of Victoria),
Karen Somerville (Chief Spokesperson for Burn't
Church), Candace Metallic (National Fisheries
Coordinator - Assembly of First Nations)

1 pm - 5 pm - Mini Pow Wow featuring Steve Augustine
(Head Elder), Arnold Saulteaux (Master of
Ceremonies), Natasha Martin (Head Female Dancer),
Russel Noganosh (Head Male Dancer), Long Point
Singers (Host Drum), Big Stone Singers (Invited
Drum).

This event is co-sponsored by the Centre for
Aboriginal Education, Research and Culture of
Carleton University, Equity Services at Carleton
University and the University Committee on Cultural
Activities and Funding Advisory for Clubs and
Societies of Carleton University.

Free Admission!  Vendors Tables for Aboriginal Arts
& Crafts available free of charge!

Please email this message to all people!!!  For more
information regarding our event (including a campus
map for directions) feel free to visit our website
at www.carleton.ca/asc OR contact the Aboriginal
Student Coordinators at 520-2600 ext. 4500.  Thank
you very much for your time and consideration!

Sincerely,

Mark J. Sayers / Lisa Simard
Aboriginal Student Coordinators