[OPIRG-EVENTS] Climate Change Conf. /March 2-4, 2001

ROOTS OF OUR FUTURE CONFERENCE:

GRASSROOTS RESPONSES TO CLIMATE CHANGE
- An International Learning Circle Conference examining the complex
effects
of climate change on our communities and how we can take action.

MARCH 2-4 2001

AT CAMP KAWARTHA (just outside of Peterborough)

GETTING THE BIG PICTURE - A Panel Discussion Featuring
Steven Guilbeaut, Green Peace
Chris Gray, MNR
Tom Hutchinson, Professor at Trent U

ACTION WORKSHOPS INCLUDE
Political Climate Change Initiatives - Tooker Gomberg
Energy Alternatives, Generation Solar
Transportation Alternatives
Developing Education/Awareness Campaigns
International Community Action (Mexico)

CLIMATE CHANGE -  GET THE FACTS (RE: INTERNATIONAL LAW AND POLICY,
ECOSYSTEM
IMPACTS, AND SCIENTIFIC BACKGROUND)

EVER WONDER WHAT YOU CAN DO TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE?
WHAT OTHERS ARE DOING?
HOW TO GET INVOLVED?

Come share and learn about local, national and international action
initiatives.

>To APPLY: PLEASE RSVP BY FEBRUARY 20. THE
>CONFERENCE FEE IS $30.00, SUBSIDIES ARE AVAILABLE.
Contact instruct@trentu.ca or reply to this email for more information.

I hope to see you there!
Please pass this email on to anyone you know who might be interested.

Michelle Charbonneau
INSTRUCT Development Education Coordinator
Trent University, Peterborough, ON, K9J 7B8
Tel: 705/748-1023  Fax: 705/748-1626
Email: enviro_mental@hotmail.com
Web: www.trentu.ca/tip/instruct