[OPIRG-EVENTS] Oxfam Canada (Ottawa) Workshops on Development Issues

Oxfam Canada's Ottawa Local Committee Presents:

A Developing World
Introductory Workshops on Development Issues

Since the spring of 1986, the Ottawa Local Committee
of Oxfam Canada has proudly offered courses to the
public that provide an introduction to the issues
involved in international development. Throughout the
history of the course, we have covered a wide range of
topics from the basics of food and water to complex
issues such as the World Bank. The workshops use a
"popular education" style that encourages the active
involvement of the participants in the evenings.

After 15 years, we are still able to offer the course
to the public at the same price as we charged in 1986:
$40 for employed people for the complete series, and a
reduced price of $20 for students/unwaged individuals.
For this price we are able to offer 8 weeks of
enjoyable learning. The workshops will be held
Wednesday evenings from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m.  The first
3 nights will be in  Rm 121, MacDonald Hall,
University of Ottawa and the last 5 nights in Rm 125,
Simard Hall, University of Ottawa in on the Ottawa
University Campus. The topics we will be covering this
time will be:

March 21	What is Development (registration at 6:30
p.m)
March 28	Sweatshop
April 4	        Food Security
April 11	Globalization
April 18	Landmines
April 25	Gender
May 2	        HIV/AIDS & Development
May 9	        Development  Benefits?

People can get more information or register for the
course at the phone numbers or email below.

Phone  Oxfam Workshops  237-1698 ext. 277 or
Email  localott@ott.oxfam.ca
Website http://members.tripod.com/oxfamottawa/

=====
Blaine Mohninger