[OPIRG-EVENTS] a NEW labour day

On Tuesday May 15th at 5:30 PM, the Ottawa District Labour Council will
be holding an open meeting for all members of the community who are
interested in helping plan this year's Labour Day march and festivities.
Every year there is a March from New City Hall to McNabb Park followed
by a free BBQ and activities for Children and Adults. Labour Day is a
time to recall our collective struggles for social and economic justice.

We are trying to renew and grow this annual event. We are inviting
community groups to join the march with banners, music, and street
theatre and to participate in the information fair at McNabb Park.

To make our event inclusive and fun we need your help. Bring your ideas
for an exciting Labour Day event to the Ottawa District Labour Council
offices on the 5th floor, 280 Metcalfe (Metcalfe and Gilmour, same
building as Colonnade Pizza) on May 15th at 5:30 PM. Call the District
Labour Council at 233-7820 for more information.

Joseph Zebrowski
Coordinator, Labour Day March