[OPIRG-EVENTS] join the ftaa outreach committee!

The FTAA outreach committee was formed in January of 2001.  Our immediate
focus was trying to reach out to inform people in the community about the
FTAA, with an emphasis on the events of April 20 - 22 in Quebec City.  We
had many successes in our few months together - these included putting
together an info. pamphlet; hosting an information session with a 4 person
panel at the library; a fund and awareness raising show at Babylon; a
meeting at the First United Church the week before Quebec to connect people
to each other, transportation and accomodation and lots more.
We are continuing to work together - we have not hammered out a complete
plan of action but are looking to continue to work on the FTAA as well as
the G8 and issues around state violence.  We are looking for people to join
our group - we are an "outreach' commitee and are firmly committed to
trying to reflect and reach out to a diverse community.

If this sounds like it might be up your alley, please consider coming
to  our next meeting

WHERE: octopus books 116 Third ave
WHEN: Sunday June 9 6:00 p.m.
The building is accessible although the washrooms are not.

Just so we have a sense of numbers - if you think you might join us or
would like more information - please give us a call
Lisa 235-7747

Critical thinking for over 30 years
Now on the world wide web
join us at http://www.octopusbooks.org