[OPIRG-EVENTS] Next C3 meeting + help needed

Climate Change Caravan meeting
Thursday July 19th at 7 pm
Sierra Youth Coalition office
1 Nicholas (Nicholas & Beserrer), suite 412
Contact: Julien Lamarche
		(819) 647-2962
		jlam@comnet.ca

		Megan Bradley
		241-1615

Help is needed for:
- Postering
- More places that can provided food, vegeterian prefered
- Biking with the caravan (we want to make the biggest bike rally ever)
- Lodging for 30 cyclists (places with showers and laundry facilities prefered)

The caravan will be in town from the 7th to the 11th of August.

Climate Change Caravan (C3) is a bike caravan that is crossing Canada
from Tofino, B.C. (7th of May 2001) to St. John's, Newfoundland (10th of
September) and finishing in Halifax, N.-S. (20th of September). The
cyclists are accompanied by vegetable oil and solar powered bus. The
goal of the caravan is to bring back public debate on climate change and
encourage Canadians as individuals and their communities to take action
in the absence of government leadership. As such, the caravan is betting
the Canadian government that we can reduce household emissions by 50%,
what scientists say is needed in every sector to stabilise the climate.
If we achieve this goal we challenge the government to reduce emissions
by 50% in all sectors.  The caravan is promoting a set of steps that
people are encouraged to sign on to in order to reduce their own
personal emissions.
The caravan is planning to be in Ottawa between the 7th and the 11th of
August. You can join them for an hour, a day, a week, a month or more.
For other locations, lookup:
http://www.mta.ca/climatechangecaravan/route.htm
To commit to the Bet, visit: http://www.thebet.ca/
For more info: http://www.mta.ca/climatechangecaravan/

--
"Canada has typically followed the United States in pushing for very
weak regulations, including using carbon sinks, emissions credit