[OPIRG-EVENTS] OTTAWA: Fall Training Series in Conflict Resolution + Nation-wide news on Nonviolent Peaceforce Canada

- - - - - <original message> - - - - -
From: Carl Stieren <carls@cyberus.ca>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 08:28:09 -0400

Dear Friends:

After our first successful training series in nonviolent conflict
resolution this spring, we are holding a second series in Ottawa starting
September 15. Please register now to assure a space - our Spring series was
sold out.

Also, please note the following news:

1) NEW NAME: We are now Nonviolent Peace Force Canada. (We were formerly
Global Nonviolent Peace Force - Canada. We adopted the new name at our
General Meeting in Windsor, Nova Scotia on August 16. This name parallels
the new name of the international organization, which has become Nonviolent
Peaceforce.)

2) NEW OFFICE: We now have an office in the Bronson Centre, 211 Bronson
Ave., Suite 100A, Ottawa, ON K1R 6H5.

3) NEW STAFF: Renee Martyna will join us on September 4, 2001 as Program
Associate. Renee is a graduate student in Norman Paterson School of
International Studies at Carleton University, has worked overseas as an ESL
teacher, was head of a local chapter of World University Service Canada,
and organized a conference on peace in British Columbia.

4) NEW WEBSITE: Our new website, with parallel sites in English and French,
is now online at:
www.magma.ca/~pax

See you on September 15!

Peace,

Carl Stieren
Chair, Nonviolent Peaceforce Canada

= = = = = = NONVIOLENT PEACEFORCE CANADA FALL/WINTER PROGRAM 2001: = = = = = =

Register now - space is limited for everything except the International dinner!

Training Series 1:  Walking the Path of Peace - Len Desroches of Toronto.