[OPIRG-EVENTS] Pesticide Awareness Day

TUESDAY SEPTEMBER 25, 2001
3PM TO 8PM
ROOM 200 WEST BLOCK
PARLIAMENT HILL

We intend to celebrate the Supreme Court decision regarding pesticides
and municipal by-laws. We are planning a "Pesticides Awareness Day" on
Parliement Hill, to give citizens groups, environmental organizations
and public health organizations the opportunity to share withthe public,
Parliamentarians and government officials their knowledge and experience
on pesticide use reduction, by way of displays and exhibits. As you
know, the amendments to the Pest Control Products Act have not yet been
introduced and this event would also serve as a reminder to the
Government of the need for new legislation.

THE EVENT WILL END WITH BRIEF PRESENTATIONS BY THE FOLLOWING INVITED
SPEAKERS:

• Amendments to the Pest Control Products Act: THE HON. ALLAN ROCK,
Minister of Health. (invited)

• The implications of the Supreme Court decision: JACK LAYTON, President
Federation of Canadian Municipalities. (invited)

• The future of organic farming: ROD MACRAE PhD. (invited)

• Advocacy and children's health: JEAN-DOMINIC LÉVESQUE-RENÉ.
(confirmed)

• Human health impacts of pesticides: DR. WARREN BELL (Canadian
Association of Physicians for the Environment). (invited)

M. CLIFFORD LINCOLN M.P. (Lac St-Louis) will be the Master of Ceremony
for the evening.

Come celebrate with interested parliamentarians ! Feel free to
distribute this invitation to friends and colleagues. Please let me know
by returning the enclosed response form as soon as possible. We
sincerely hope you will able to join us for this day of celebration.

See you on the Hill !

CHARLES CACCIA M.P. (DAVENPORT) &
ANNIE BÉRUBÉ, LEGISLATIVE ASSISTANT
PARLIEMENTARY CENTRE FOR ENVIRONMENTALLY
SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENTT
ROOM 448-N
HOUSE OF COMMONS
OTTAWA