[OPIRG-EVENTS] Oxfam Canada (Ottawa) Workshops on Development Issues

                       A Developing World
                  Workshops on Development Issues

Since the spring of 1986, the Ottawa Local Committee of Oxfam Canada has
proudly offered courses to the public that provide an introduction to the
issues involved in international development. Throughout the history of the
course, we have covered a wide range of topics from the basics of food and
water to complex issues such as globalization. The workshops use a "popular
education" style that encourages active involvement of the participants.

After 15 years, we are still able to offer the course to the public at the
same price as we charged in 1986: $40 for employed people for the complete
series, and a reduced price of $20 for students/unwaged individuals. For
this price, we are able to offer 8 weeks of enjoyable learning. The
workshops will be held Thursday evenings from 6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. at the
Saint Paul University, 223 Main Street in Ottawa. The topics we will be
covering this year are:

October 4	What is Development (registration at 6:30 p.m)
October 11	Corporate Responsibility
October 18	Education
October 25	Debt and Structural Adjustment
November 1	Water
November 8	Technology / the Digital Divide
November 15	Africa
November 22	The Business of Development and You.

People can get more information or register for the course at the following
phone numbers or email:

Phone		Oxfam Workshops  237-1698 ext. 277
Email		localott@ott.oxfam.ca
Website         http://oxfamottawa.tripod.com/