[OPIRG-EVENTS] All Aboard for Bay Street!

You were hoping for turkey but instead got bombs?

FIGHT TO WIN IN ONTARIO!  GET ON THE BUS FOR OCTOBER 16!

This October 16 in Toronto, social justice and student groups, unions
and community organizations in Ontario are launching a campaign of
economic disruption against the right-wing government of Mike Harris.
Initiated by the Ontario Coalition Against Poverty (OCAP), the Ontario
Common Front is aiming to bring down the Harris government through
organized direct actions through this Fall and beyond.  The campaign
theme is FIGHT TO WIN!

In Ottawa, a local solidarity committee has formed, the Ottawa Coalition
Against the Tories (OCAT).  We are organizing transportation to Toronto
for actions on Bay Street - Canada's financial capital - on October 16.
Activities in Toronto will start at 5 am with a pancake breakfast at
Nathan Phillips Square, to be followed by protests and actions in
Toronto's financial district.

Check out http://www.ocap.ca/ and
http://www.members.home.net/struggle-starts/ for more information.

BUSING

Buses will leave from Ottawa at midnight and leave from Toronto for the
return trip at 5 pm after day's events.  You'll receive more details
after you register.

To help the defray the cost of the buses, each person will be asked to
pay on a sliding scale.  Depending on the sucess of fundraising efforts,
we anticipate from $10 (unemployed) to $20 (employed) will be needed,
but nobody will be turned away.

To reserve your space, please reply to ea610@freenet.carleton.ca or
phone 244-0122 with the following information:

	Name:
	Phone:
	Email:
	Will you be in a group for whom you can be a contact?
	If so, how many of you are there?
	Will you be on both the outbound and return trips?
	Any other needs? (for example wheelchair access)

The deadline to reserve a seat on the bus is Friday October 12.

CARPOOLING

If you are interested in carpooling, please let us know the above
information, plus:

	Number of seats needed/available:
	Leaving Ottawa time & date:
	Leaving Toronto time & date:

The sooner we know about you, the better we're able to match you up!

And don't forget:

DEFEAT HARRIS! CARAVANS

	Caravans aimed at disrupting commercial and commuter traffic on the 401
will commence on the early morning of October 16th, at two as-of-yet
undisclosed locations along the 401 on either side of Toronto.  These
caravans are modelled on the successful anti-FTAA blockading caravan.
We will drive in a caravan down the highway into Toronto at the legal
minimum speed of 60 km/hour, causing a massive and debilitating traffic
jam as businesspeople from the suburbs attempt to drive to work
downtown.  We aim to arrive downtown by 10 am so that we can join in the
Bay St. shutdown already underway.  Participants with vehicles are
needed, but you don't need a vehicle to participate!

	For more information: o16caravans@yahoo.ca or 913-0275

DIRECT ACTION WORKSHOPS
	9-6 pm, Saturday October 13th
	Information and registration: 564-0401 or jetsumgerl@yahoo.co.uk.

OCAT BENEFIT
	8 pm, Saturday October 13th at The Underground (Sunnyside and Bank)

STOP THE WAR ON THE POOR, AT HOME AND ABROAD! See you on October 16!