[OPIRG-EVENTS] Book sale worth checking out

Circle of Friends - Best Scholary Book Sale -- October 15, 2001 through
October 18, 2001
Don't miss this chance to pick up some rare books and support student
bursaries at the Carleton University "Best Scholarly Booksale."

Thousands of books from Canadiana to Arctic adventure, military history,
collections on the East, art history, literature, computer science,
popular fiction and even antique postcards.

All proceeds of the sale will go to support the Carleton University
Library (new books and journals) and student bursaries.

9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m., Baker Lounge, fourth Floor, University Centre.

For more information about the sale, contact Dorothy Rogers, Gifts
Librarian, 520-2600 ext. 3725.

Sponsored by the Carleton University Library Circle of Friends. For more
information about the Circle of Friends, visit

Canadian Dimension: So how does the Left develop a working class movement?

Michael Albert: The left understands that you can't form a movement
organization, or a movement institution, and institute inside it
patriarchy. Now we don't know exactly how to do that yet, but certainly
nobody consciously wants it there. Nobody would celebrate it, much less set
it up deliberately. Nor would we set up apartheid inside our organizations
-- if a Left organization consciously did that, everybody would be
nauseated. Now look at class: institution after institution on the left has
job structures, financial arrangements, even distribution of income that
are barely distinguishable from what exists in the society at large. Few of