[OPIRG-EVENTS] Last chance to get on the bus for Bay Street!

STOP THE WAR ON THE POOR, AT HOME AND ABROAD!

Following the attack on the World Trade Center, we have witnessed
increased police activity and harassment of people of colour, as
well as repressive anti-"terrorist" legislation.  Despite this
opportunism on the part of our government the Ontario Coalition Against
Poverty (OCAP) has voted to go ahead with it's economic disruption
campaign.  Tax cuts for corporations and the wealthy keep coming as
winter looms for increasing numbers of unemployed and homeless people
and rents and evictions rise.  The war against the poor hasn't stopped,
why should we?

FIGHT TO WIN!

There is still space on the bus to Toronto for the kickoff of OCAP's
economic disruption campaign on October 16!

Buses will leave from Ottawa at midnight and leave from Toronto for the
return trip at 5 pm after the day's events.

To help the defray the cost of the buses, each person will be asked to
pay on a sliding scale.  Depending on the sucess of fundraising efforts,
we anticipate from $10 (unemployed) to $20 (employed) will be needed,
but nobody will be turned away.

To reserve your space, please phone 244-0122.

Don't forget you can still join the Defeat Harris! caravans.  For more
information contact o16caravans@yahoo.ca or 913-0275

See you on October 16!