[OPIRG-EVENTS] NO WAR protest Ottawa Saturday Oct 27

DISTRIBUTE FREELY

A PUBLIC PROTEST OF BILL C-36

Where: York and Sussex, Ottawa

When: 12:00 to 13:30, Saturday, October 27

Bring your own signs and gags (something thrust into the mouth to prevent
speech or outcry). The demonstration will go first to the U.S. Embassy,
then to Parliament Hill

Organized by NOWAR (Network to Oppose War and Terrorism) which opposes
terrorism, including state terrorism and the bombing of Afghanistan,
racism, and the infringement of civil liberties.

PASS THIS MESSAGE ON

WHO IS NOWAR?
declarations of war by the U.S. government and its military allies, the
attack on civil liberties and the right to dissent, and the ugly racist and
xenophobic attacks on innocent people of colour across North  America, a
group of concerned Ottawa-area citizens has recently formed the Network to
Oppose War and Racism (NOWAR).

This coalition has three goals:

1) to oppose terrorism in all its forms, the U.S. call to war, and Canada's
participation therein;
2) to oppose the racist backlash against people of colour, including
attacks on immigrant and refugee rights;
3) to oppose the erosion of civil liberties in the name of national security.

Our network, which is made up of a diversity of members from within the
community, seeks to build a broad-based coalition of organizations and
individuals within the Ottawa region to advance the above goals by
organizing events and increasing public awareness in the coming weeks and
months.

For more information contact:  pinchero@hotmail.com

For more information contact:  pinchero@hotmail.com

This message is being forwarded to you by:

                          Richard Sanders
       Coordinator, Coalition to Oppose the Arms Trade (COAT)
(A network of individuals and NGOs across Canada and around the world)

            Tel.:  613-231-3076      Fax: 613-231-2614
     Email: <ad207@ncf.ca>   Web site: <http://www.ncf.ca/coat>

 Join our listserve to discuss/organize/announce nonviolent responses
  to the Afghan war, the new Cold War, and the criminalising dissent.
 Send the message:  subscribe no_to_nato   to   <majordomo@flora.org>
Read the archives of our list serve <http://www.flora.org/coat/forum/>

Join the 15,000 who have signed our Global Appeal for No More Violence!
                 <http://www.flora.org/coat/appeal/>