Re: Fwd: [OPIRG-EVENTS] E.U. plans "suspected protester" database--Statewatch

Heidi, and everyone -- the reason the OPIRG events list is limited to
events postings is simply that we need a low-volume listserv for
announcements that will not overwhelm people who have limited
technology or limited access. There are lots of other local lists
with a fairly broad membership that are better suited to articles and
discussion, like the TAO-Ott lists, the GDO (ftaaott) list, and the
PGA-Ott list, not to mention the various Flora lists, the Octopus web
site, Indymedia, etc.

What I'm advocating is that people use the OPIRG list for all
announcements, and other lists as appropriate for news & discussion,
so that (a) people don't have to cross-post public events, since
_everyone_ would get announcements from the OPIRG list, and (b) the
OPIRG list doesn't get jammed with articles and information, unless
it's background for an event...

cheers,
jamie