[OPIRG-EVENTS] "Black, Bold, and Beautiful" - Women's Place Fundraiser / Film Screening

Event:  Screening of NFB Film "Black, Bold, and Beautiful" with facilitated
discussion and raffle for several items donated by local businesses

When:  Wednesday, March 6, 2002, 7-9PM
Where:  Ottawa Public Library Auditorium, 120 Metcalfe St. at Laurier

Why:  A fundraiser for Women's Place in honour of International Women's Week

Women's Place is a centre for women who are working to improve the status of
women.  We operate from a feminist perspective.  We are committed to
increasing choices for women through advocacy and action.  For more info,
see http://www.storm.ca/~wplacef

For more info on the film, see
http://cmm.onf.ca/E/titleinfo/index.epl?id=33691
"Amazing that a documentary about hair can say so much about politics, race
and culture." -- The Toronto Star

This is a child friendly event.

Raffle Donors:
Singing Pebble Books