[OPIRG-EVENTS] [debbied@mail.magma.ca: Box Program for Summer]

    From: debbied@mail.magma.ca (Debbie DeCooman)
    To: ajanssen@cpaws.org, gina@moonlightottawa.com, gregory.hunter@uniphase.com, simpsj@parl.gc.ca, s.bourdeau@home.com, carrieres@cnwl.igs.net, lori@privateadoptionservices.com, dr251@freenet.carleton.ca, pamela_lawler@hotmail.com, rachplotkin@hotmail.com, rvannoppen@hotmail.com, sbicker@magma.ca, skelly@capitalnet.com, taliachung@hotmail.com
    Subject: Box Program for Summer
    Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 21:07:19 -0500

    Hi Everyone,

    We like to get variety in our lives and presently we need a rainbow of
    colours in our diets.  As the growing season is approaching,  I would like
    to offer a box program for your homes as home delivery of seasonal vegetables.

    Have you heard of a box program,  somewhat like a CSA?

    Each family buys a share - $500 for the season ( May - October)  and half
    shares could also be bought.  Delivery would be every Thursday or Friday
    evening.

    Vegies - 5- 10 lbs a week
    Either picked up or delivered to your door or central location in Ottawa.

    This order could include lettuce, onions, tomatoes, carrots, potatoes,
    leeks, beets
    cucumbers, spinach, jerusalem artichokes, swiss chard, kale,  beans, peas,
    and whatever else is to your liking.

    Volunteers could actually put in some time weeding,  seeding,  or harvesting
    on the farm.

    At present,  I grow for the market but looking at other options.  We raise
    the poultry,  have eggs and pick wild plants.

    Please let me know if you are interested to work up my requirements for
    this year.
    Call(613-448-3540) or email

    Organically Yours,

    Debbie DeCooman