[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[OPIRG-EVENTS] Rally at Romanow hearings April 4
On April 4th
Support the Romanow Hearings in Ottawa
8:30AM to 5PM
Ottawa Congress Centre
* This consultation is open to the public but only those who have submitted
a paper will be selected to speak.
Come to a Public Rally
Time: 12:00PM to 2:00PM
Place: Outside the Congress Centre
(Just south of Rideau on Colonel By)
Come with family, friends, coworkers and others. Carry a red umbrella with
a sticker stating that "Publically-funded Medicare is the best coverage!!"
Bring a lunch, banners, and buttons supporting medicare.
For more information, please contact Abe at 244-2817.
*Organized by the Ottawa Campaign to Save Medicare
Highlights of the public rally include:
1.Speakers: care givers, patients, health care providers, seniors, youth,
advocates and health analysts
2. Groups of 20 to 30 people who want to attend the Romanow hearings would
rotate in and out of the congress centre throughout the day (People can
send their comments about the hearings and thoughts about medicare to the
Ottawa Health Coalition in envelopes which will be provided. The Coalition
will forward these to the Romanow Commission).
3. Workbooks produced by the commission will be completed in groups so that
feedback can be forwarded to Romanow.
5 statements for Romanow:
1.Expand public health care to include home care and pharmacare.
2. Increase federal funding and enforce national standards.
3. Eliminate for-profit health care because it is more expensive,
inefficient and inequitable.
4. Improve health care delivery to optimize use of resources and quality.
5. Protect public health care from international trade deals with a general
Profit Is Not The Cure
Ottawa Thursday April 4, St. John the Evangelist, 151 Somerset
West 7:30 P.M.
For more information: 1-800-387-7177 www.canadians.org
This is the OPIRGfirstname.lastname@example.org list. Announcement only please.
To unsubscribe, send email to email@example.com, and put
"unsubscribe" in the body.
Archive at: http://www.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca/lists/html/opirg-events/