[OPIRG-EVENTS] Independant Media Center meeting

Date: Thursday, May 9th
Time: 6 pm
Location: 20 James Street, Entrance at rear - buzzer if you're late.
Contact: Julien Lamarche, (819) 647-2962
Mailing list: see http://lists.indymedia.org/mailman/listinfo/imc-ottawa

Tired of corporate coverage?

Why not be the media?

The Independant Media Center (IMC) offers an alternative to corporate
media. It effectively bypasses it by allowing individuals to post their
own articles, photos, audio and video clips. There are about 50 IMCs all
arround the world, giving a voice to the people and creating an
alternative source of information and communication network. Anyone can
also comment the
articles that have been posted.

The participants of IMC Ottawa have been covering events for a year now
and posting on IMC Ontario ( http://ontario.indymedia.org ). Current
participant are starting to plan the establishment of an IMC convergence
center as we did for N17. We ultimatley want to have a seperate web site
for Ottawa.

Help is needed for:
- Journalists / Activists-journalists
- Technical help
- Networking with other groups
- Communicating via e-mail and IRC with other IMCs
- Photographs

"If labourers cease to labour, production ceases in any society. But if
owners cease to grant permission, production is affected only if their
authority over the means of production is respected."
- David Schweickart