[OPIRG-EVENTS] Video submission request from WIAM

from Janet Creery <jcreery@hotmail.com>

The World Inter-Action Mondiale (WIAM) One World Film Festival invites submissions, from film-makers up to 30 years old, to our G8 Video Contest

Whether you are traveling to Kananaskis, joining events in your home town,
or just staying at home grumbling about the television coverage, think about making a 1-31 minute video about the way an organization of eight global powers is shaping our world and what people are doing to resist it or offer alternatives

the winner will be awarded $500 and will have their film showcased at the
One World Film Festival at the National Archives in Ottawa in October 2002

To enter, please send one VHS copy of your videoby July 31st, 2002 to WIAM, 323 Chapel Street, 3rd Floor, Ottawa, ON K1N 7Z2 - tel: 613-238-4659, e-mail: wia@web.ca, http://www.web.net/~wia

World Interaction Mondiale is an Ottawa-based, grassroots NGO striving to raise awareness about global issues and connections between global and local realities. The One World Film Festival receives support from the Canada Council, the International Development Research Council, the Canadian International Development Agency, the City of Ottawa, Carleton University, and the National Film Board.

<end>