[OPIRG-EVENTS] Turn the Tables on the G8 leaders

Please post/circulate

Capital Area Justice Initiatives (CAJI)
Turning the Tables Event

Centennial Flame, Parliament Hill
Monday June 17th, 12.30 p.m.

Join us to "Turn the Tables" on the G8 leaders

In his day, Jesus turned the tables on the money lenders.  Please
join CAJI, Jubilee South and KAIROS in turning the tables on our
leaders today as we launch KAIROS' G8 action and welcome six of our
southern partners. The partners will travel with KAIROS staff from
Ottawa to Calgary with the message that the economic model advocated
by the G8 is creating multiple moral, social and ecological debts.

Program starts at 12.30 p.m.
Bring pots and pans to make noise -- in Argentina it's "cacerolazo"!

The Raging Grannies
Meditation - Sarath Fernando, Sri Lanka and Gladys Jarazo, Argentina
Debt to the Earth - The Right Rev. Peter Coffin, Anglican Bishop of Ottawa
Debt to Aboriginal Peoples - Terri Brown, President of the Native
Women's Association of Canada
Debt to the South - Davie Malungisa, Zimbabwe Coalition on Debt and Development
Debt to Future Generations - Leah Daly, Development and Peace
Turning the Tables theatrical event
Moderator - Carl Hétu, Development and Peace

7:00 p.m. 	Turning the Tables Public Event, downstairs in the
theatre of the Ottawa Public Library on 120 Metcalfe St.  Sponsored
by the Halifax Initiative, KAIROS and Global Democracy Ottawa.
Southern partners from Argentina, Cameroon, Pakistan, Sri Lanka,
Zambia and Zimbabwe will be present.

Capital Area Justice Initiatives  (CAJI) is a faith-based movement,
rooted in Canada's capital area and part of the national KAIROS
coalition. KAIROS is a national ecumenical partnership of churches
and church based organizations dedicated to justice.  For more
information, please contact Larry Martin at 526-0390 or
ldmartin@sympatico.ca