[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[OPIRG-EVENTS] WWF Job posting
World Wildlife Fund
Title: Government Relations Coordinator
Reports to: VP, Conservation
Start date: September, 2002
This position focuses on leveraging the federal government's engagement and
support as needed to achieve a slate of WWF's conservation priorities,
selected annually. Current priorities include: a) formal designation of
several new marine protected areas; b) financial and policy support for
sustainable agriculture; and c) ratification and implementation of the Kyoto
protocol on climate change.
The successful candidate will be knowledgeable and experienced in the
process of government policymaking, including the workings of Parliament.
WWF does not have an Ottawa office but provides some administrative support
from its Toronto headquarters as well as expertise in scientific research,
policy analysis and communications.
* Graduate degree in Environmental and/or Political Science.
* At least five years experience in a legislative and/or government
relations context; knowledge of and experience in the conservation field an
* Demonstrated knowledge of the federal government's structure and
decision-making processes; previous Ottawa-based advocacy and communications
experience an asset.
* Proven ability to present policy positions clearly and effectively
to all political levels and general audiences.
* Bilingual (French and English)
* Skills and Abilities:
* Excellent communications skills in both oral presentation and
* Able to quickly grasp and convey WWF's policy positions and
objectives to a wide audience including politicians, media and general
* Mature professional judgement and non-partisan, problem-solving
* Able to work independently and as a part of the WWF team.
* Negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
* Strong organisational skills, computer literacy.
* Keen interest in conservation issues, including marine and toxics
This is a full-time contract position to June 30, 2003 with possibility of
renewal. The successful candidate will invoice WWF on a monthly basis. WWF
will provide some administrative support, but not office space. Some travel
Applications: Please direct a résumé and cover letter, with salary
expectations, to the Human Resources Department, WWF Canada, Suite 410, 245
Eglinton Ave. East, Toronto, M4P 3J1 by August 30, 2002. No calls or faxes
This is the OPIRGemail@example.com list. Announcement only please.
To unsubscribe, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and put
"unsubscribe" in the body.
Archive at: http://www.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca/lists/html/opirg-events/