[OPIRG-EVENTS] reminder: tomorrow, Ottawa Iraq action group meeting

The next meeting for the campaign to fight against the war on Iraq - an
expansion of the so-called war on terror and an escalation of the
decade-long war on the Iraqi people - is:

Thursday, Oct 3rd, 7 to 9 pm (note that it IS at 7:00, NOT 6:00)
Routhier Community Centre, 172 Guigues St (corner Cumberland, between
Dalhousie and King Edward and between St. Patrick and St. Andrew)

ALL ARE WELCOME!

With Canadian government now having clearly taken the position that a UN
lead war is just fine, and lending support for US manouveurs at UN, our task
is somewhat clearer. The question of whether Canada will once again join in
the war is still open (at least publicly).

This is a campaign that started a couple of weeks ago, after a broad call
out from the NOWAR/PAIX group. We tentatively decided on the following
actions: immediate public post card and information campaign; small direct
action in the next couple of weeks; 26 oct teach-in on the "war on
terror"/iraq stop; and mobilising for the 16 November cross-Canada day of
action.

If you would like to get on the list of emails that we use to communicate to
each other - please let Jo know at jwood@ccs.carleton.ca

Among points for discussion on Thursday:

- direct action(s)
-information campaign
-proposed cross-border weapons' inspection
-liaison with anti-war students' group
-teach-in
-cross-Canada day of action

PLEASE COME PREPARED WITH YOUR ANALYSIS/PROPOSED STRATEGY AND ACTIONS AND
UPDATES FROM YOUR NETWORKS.