[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[OPIRG-EVENTS] Announcement Global Peace Coalition presents N16 events
- To: "oprig events" <email@example.com>, "Angela Pinchero" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "Bahija2" <email@example.com>, <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "Calvin Climie" <email@example.com>, "Christian Legeais" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "Elias Assad" <email@example.com>, "Federico Carvajal" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "Jamie Kneen" <email@example.com>, "John Jensen" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "Loris Jordan" <email@example.com>, "Margaret Jensen" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "Mick Panesar" <email@example.com>, "Soha Kneen" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "Stuart Ryan" <email@example.com>, "Vallie Stearns" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: [OPIRG-EVENTS] Announcement Global Peace Coalition presents N16 events
- From: "Jo Wood" <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 08:08:16 -0500
- Importance: Normal
- Reply-To: "Jo Wood" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: email@example.com
Global Peace Coalition presents:
"Struggling and Working for Peace: People's Strategies and Methods for
Conflict Transformation by Peaceful Means and Direct Action -
Empowering Individuals and Communities for Peace and Social Justice"
Taking Place on November 16th
From: 9:00 to 16:00
In: UCU 125 (University Centre)
Kai Frithjof Brand-Jacobsen, co-director of TRANSCEND and director of Peace
Action, Training and Research Institute Romania (PATRIR) will be leading a
daylong workshop in non-violent activism.
The workshop has three objectives:
• Discuss and train in techniques, methods, and strategies that can be used
to develop and mobilize a broad-based peace movement here in Ottawa.
• Empower each participant with concrete skills and tools for social
mobilization, peace building, conflict transformation by peaceful means, and
• Weave together the different activist groups of Ottawa, further developing
a broad-based, empowered peace movement.
Cost for the workshop is 7$ student, and 10$ public. Free: for those who
cannot afford it.
Lunch is included.
Advanced reservations requested, as there are only 35-40 places available.
From: 18:00 to 20:00
In: MPT 202 (Montpetit Hall)
Mr. Brand-Jacobsen will present a lecture on the same topic as the workshop.
The first hour will be his speech, and the second will be reserved for
questions, answers, and discussion.
FREE - donations will be accepted.
From: 20:00 to 21:00
In: UCU 125 (University Centre)
Whether you want to join a specific organisation, or you just want to learn
more about the activist movements of Ottawa, the Global Peace Coalition
invites you to attend our informational fair.
During the fair there will be:
• Informational booths:
Various Ottawa activist organisations will be present with information on
their groups. Also, there will be information on each group's plans for the
November 17th peace rally.
• Impressions of Peace:
A large banner on which everyone is invited to draw/write/express their
impressions of peace, peace movements, the potential war on Iraq, or any
other relevant issue.
• Banner / sign contest:
All groups and individuals involved in the November 17th rally are invited
to bring their favourite banners and signs, and let the public vote in two
categories: Most Artistic and Most Effective. Prizes will be awarded.
• Other booths:
Paintings from a local artist, CDs from an activist band...
Once again, if you have any interest in peoples' movements or in November
17th, this is the place to start.
This is the OPIRGfirstname.lastname@example.org list. Announcement only please.
To unsubscribe, send email to email@example.com, and put
"unsubscribe" in the body.
Archive at: http://www.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca/lists/html/opirg-events/