[OPIRG-EVENTS] Managing Transportation Demand

You are invited:

To:  Free Lecture on Managing Transportation Demand
Where:  Champlain Room, 110 Laurier Avenue West
When:  Wednesday, 27 November 2002, at 7:00 p.m.

Historically, we have responded to growing transportation demands by
increasing supply - building new roads and rapid transit systems, or
making existing facilities larger.  Serious financial, environmental and
social pressures have made it clear that we can no longer rely solely on
new infrastructure to meet increasing travel demands.  We also need to
shape travel demands - a process known as transportation demand management
(TDM).

Samantha-Hartley-Folz, Go Green Choices, Vancouver, will speak about the need
for transportation demand management and will provide an overview of Canadian
initiatives.

Stuart Anderson, Executive director, Association of Commuter

Transportation, Washington, will highlight the American transportation
demand management initiatives.

Sylvie Grenier, Program Manager, TDM, TUPW, will present the City's TDM
program.

Christine Nymark, Associate Assistant Deputy Minister, Policy, Transport
Canada, will moderate the lecture