No Subject

Urgent Peace Team Support Meeting!
Friday, 10 Jan. 7:00
City Hall, 110 Laurier Ave. West

Two Ottawa people, Mary Foster and Mick Panasar will, along with other
Canadians from Montreal, be going to Iraq to join the peace team effort at
the end of January.  This courageous effort at peace making requires our
strong support.  For their safety and effectiveness, it is critical that
there is a support group at home.  They will be at the meeting on Friday, so
you will get a chance to meet them and learn more about what they are
planning to do.

If you want to know how you can help support our peace team, please come to
the meeting or contact Jo Wood, jwood@ccs.carleton.ca, tel 613 565 5959.  We
particularly invite all NGO's, faith groups, unions, and other organizations
to send a representative.

At the meeting, we will form a coordinating committee to oversee all
activities required for support. We will be seeking endorsements,
fund-raising, organizing approaches to MPs, Ottawa city counsel and other
government people, working on publicity, providing support for the families
of peace team members, sending reports and appeals, doing media work and
other support as it arises.

Note:  This is not a media event. Individuals from the media are welcome to
come to give advice, but not to cover the meeting.  An announcement to the
press will be made in the near future.