[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[OPIRG-EVENTS] Collaborative Community Building Workshop
Could be worthwhile....
Collaborative community building is a key component of Ottawa
20/20, the City’s long term planning initiative.
How will Ottawa become a truly collaborative city?
We invite you to participate in a Collaborative Community
Date: Saturday February 8, 2003
Time: 9 am – 4 pm
Location: Confederation High School – 1645 Woodroffe Avenue
(corner of Woodroffe and Hunt Club)
Start a process for determining a number of initiatives that the
City should launch in the near future to:
- Enable us to translate the strategic level Ottawa 20/20 plans
into plans and actions for individual communities or
- Help move us toward being a more collaborative city
Issues the session will attempt to tackle include:
- How can the City communicate more effectively with its
- How can residents participate in making the Ottawa 20/20 plans
become a reality in their respective communities?
- What tools do residents require to participate in this process?
Ie: Community based assessment tools; more ward-specific
information; up-to-date information on development applications,
as well as social and economic info
- What should these tools look like? How should they be made
Participants will be divided into creative, problem-solving teams
to address various issues.
- E-mail Monique Trotter at Monique.Trotter@ottawa.ca or call
580-2424 ext. 28598
This is the OPIRGemail@example.com list. Participatory activist events only.
To unsubscribe, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and put
"unsubscribe" in the body.
Archive at: http://www.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca/lists/html/opirg-events/