[OPIRG-EVENTS] Fwd: Videoactive/The Biters in Ottawa

[Viodeoactive 4 returns to Ottawa]

Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 16:18:30 -0500
From: Kevin Thomas <kwt@interlog.com>
Subject: Videoactive/The Biters in Ottawa

Hi everyone;

Sorry for the bulk email. This is just a note to let you all know
that I'll be in Ottawa on February 1 playing with my latest band,
"The Biters". We've been described as "acerbic politipop" or possibly
just a rock n roll band but either way it'd be great to see you
there. We're accompanying the Videoactive 2003 Road Show, which is an
opportunity to see all sorts of underground political film and video
including Naomi Klein and Avi Lewis' new film about Argentina. It's
described a little more below.

In Ottawa we're playing Club Saw on Saturday February 1.

Kevin.

VIDEOACTIVE 2003 ROAD SHOW!

As promised, Satan Macnuggit is hitting the road once more! We're
taking all two hours of TVAC's new and fantastic "VideoActive 4"
compilation - with documentaries, experimental films, and cartoons
about social justice from Whistler to Argentina - and screening it
across Southern Ontario, from Windsor to Sudbury and flitting across
the border to Montreal. Some of ya will even get a show from The
Biters to boot! Here's the itinerary, with a couple of blanks still
remaining; I'll re-send this once things are 100%, if you don't mind;
that one will have times, too...brace yourself...

WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 15
YORK UNIVERSITY
NAT TILLER AUDITORIUM

TUESDAY, JANUARY 21
GUELPH
ED VIDEO

WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 22
UNIVERSITY OF WATERLOO
STUDENT LIFE CENTRE, MULTI-PURPOSE ROOM

THURSDAY, JANUARY 23
LONDON
FOREST CITY GALLERY

FRIDAY, JANUARY 24
WINDSOR
VENUE TBA

TUESDAY, JANUARY 28
PETERBOROUGH
* With two-hour video activism training session!
ARTSPACE

THURSDAY, JANUARY 30
KINGSTON
QUEENS UNIVERSITY - ROOM TBA

FRIDAY, JANUARY 31
MONTREAL
* With The Biters and The World Provider!
CASA DEL POPOLO

SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 1
OTTAWA
* With The Biters and local band TBA
SAW CLUB

THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 13
GRIMSBY
GRIMSBY PUBLIC ART GALLERY

FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 14
ST. CATHARINES
* With The Biters
NIAGARA ARTISTS CENTRE

SATURDAY FEBRUARY 15
SUDBURY
* With The Biters and local band TBA
THE TOWNEHOUSE

TUESDAY FEBRUARY 25
HAMILTON
THE STAIRCASE

--
Jamie Kneen 					tel. (613) 236-9188
569 1/2 McLeod Street				fax: (613) 236-8632