[OPIRG-EVENTS] CPAWS Presentation Wed Feb 5 - Real Parks: Putting Nature First

WILDERNESS WEDNESDAY 2002-2003 Series

February 5, 2003, 7:15 p.m.
(doors lock at 7:30 so don't be late!)
Mountain Equipment Co-op
366 Richmond Road, Ottawa
(Between Churchill Ave. & Roosevelt Ave.)
Public Transit: Transitway stop at Westboro, then
transfer to #2, or #18.
Admission: free

NOTE:  Space  is limited, please register in advance
by calling  (Ottawa) 729-2700 or email mvankooy@mec.ca

February 5 Topics:

Real Parks: Putting Nature First

Is the Provincial Park you visited this summer still
going to be there next year? Did you know that some of
these special places have been targeted for road
development, mining and logging? Find out why we need
to act today to ensure that our Parks have strong
legal protection. Guest speaker: Evan Ferrari, CPAWS
Wildlands League.

followed by:

Tatshenshini River Wild Beyond Belief
Cutting through ice clad peaks, creating lush valleys,
home to a thriving grizzly bear population in a slide
show presentation by Melinda Tan, CPAWS Ottawa Valley
volunteer.