[OPIRG-EVENTS] Sat. Mar.1 - Aboriginal Arts & Healing: 2nd Annual New Sun Symposium

======================

2nd Annual New Sun Symposium
Aboriginal Arts & Healing: Reflections and New Directions

Saturday, March 1, 2003, 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Bell Canada Theatre, Minto Centre, Carleton University

There is a poster at:  http://www.carleton.ca/%7Earyan/SunPoster03.pdf

The First Annual New Sun Symposium at Carleton University last year
was a memorable event.

The Second symposium will be on Saturday, March 1 this year. I hope you
will be able to attend - and bring a friend (or two). It promises to be a rare
day with participants coming in from Calgary, Winnipeg, Toronto and Moosonee.
Again we will have a catered luncheon of exquisite Native cusine.

The New Sun Symposium Series was launched last year to enthusiastic
response. I am pleased to announce the participants in this year's event.
Please circulate this announcement among friends and colleagues. Many
thanks.

See you there,
        Allan J.

**Pre-registration is recommended and appreciated**   (We need to know how much
food to order).

2nd Annual New Sun Symposium
Aboriginal Arts & Healing: Reflections and New Directions

Saturday, March 1, 2003, 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Bell Canada Theatre, Minto Centre, Carleton University

Featured presenters:

David McLeod, writer/radio producer, Native Communications Inc.,Winnipeg,
member of The Aboriginal Writers Collective

Jennifer Podemski, actress/writer/film maker, co-founder of Big Soul
Productions

Greg Hill, Assistant Curator of Contemporary Art, National Gallery of Canada

Chris Sutherland and Gitchie Cheechoo, Hip-hop/Powwow musical duo
 and the White Tail Cree Powwow Singers

Joane Cardinal-Schubert, RCA, writer/curator and multi-media artist

Sheila Petzold, film maker, president, Telewerx Television Production,
producer/director of Full Circle, the story of the Sayisi Dene of Tadoule
Lake, Manitoba and
Dan Clark, participant and subject of Full Circle

Registration: $20; Students: $15
      Includes luncheon of Native cuisine in Fenn Lounge
or $10 with no lunch.

To register call (613) 520-2600 (ext. 4035); e-mail: <allan_ryan@carleton.ca>
Free Parking
A presentation of the New Sun Chair in Aboriginal Art & Culture

Allan J. Ryan, PhD
New Sun Chair in Aboriginal Art & Culture

School of Canadian Studies
Carleton University
1202 Dunton Tower, 1125 Colonel By Drive
Ottawa, ON  K1S 5B6  Canada
Ph (613) 520-2600, Ext 4035    Fax (613) 520-3903
E-mail   <allan_ryan@carleton.ca>     Website:   http://www.trickstershift.com

-
This is the OPIRG-events@ox.org list. Participatory activist events only.