[OPIRG-EVENTS] March for Peace, March 1, 12:00 Corner of York and Sussex

My apologies for posting again.  I forgot the subject line.
Jo

Keep the pressure on!  March for peace this Saturday at 12:00.
NOWAR-PAIX sponsors a march every Saturday, starting at 12:00. Please join
us.

When and where?

*    Meet at the corner of York and Sussex
*    12:00 Meeting time (Time to share information, network, and organize)
*    12:15 March begins (Through the market, past the American Embassy, to
Parliment Hill)
Objectives:

*    To be a regular presence opposing war, racism, and the erosion of civil
liberties
*    To hand out literature to those we meet.
*    To support one another and communicate about upcoming events.

Every action we can take at this critical time counts.

Here are some other upcoming events.

Upcoming Peace Events

Sunday, March 2, 2:00 PM
Support for Mohamed Harkat, jailed Dec. 10 without charges.
Charges still unknown to himself and his lawyers.
Human Rights Monument (Elgin and Lisgar)

Sunday, March 2, 8:00 PM
Poets (And musicians) for Peace
Peace Team Benefit Concert at GCTC $10.00

Monday, March 3, 7:00 PM
Talk by Israeli conscientious objector Mai Omer, 18
against occupation of the Palestinian territories
302 Azrieli Theatre, Carleton University

Saturday, March 8, 11:30 AM
March for Peace on March 8 (International Women’s Day)
Start at the Women’s Monument in Minto Park (Elgin and Gilmour)
Return to participate in International Women’s Day Fair –
 “Visions of Peace”- at City Hall 1:00 to 5:00 P.M.

Jo Wood
http://www.nowar-paix.ca

-
This is the OPIRG-events@ox.org list. Participatory activist events only.