[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[OPIRG-EVENTS] Ottawa-Gatineau students against the war/ EtudiantEs contre la guerre - Plans for a Student Day of Action, Tuesday, April 4th, 7pm;
- To: "OPIRG events listings" <email@example.com>
- Subject: [OPIRG-EVENTS] Ottawa-Gatineau students against the war/ EtudiantEs contre la guerre - Plans for a Student Day of Action, Tuesday, April 4th, 7pm;
- From: "Kevin Skerrett" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 16:23:55 -0500
- Reply-To: "Kevin Skerrett" <email@example.com>
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thread-Index: AcL1PP7hnlMC5pFSQzafYkxasOLSfAAH7z1QAAQwxBA=
- Thread-Topic: Sunday March 30 ,2:00 PM , Rally In Solidarity for Iraqi & Palestinian people
Bonjour tout le monde/Greetings,
This is a call-out from a student action sub-committee of the Committee for Peace
in Iraq (CPI) for a strategy meeting to prepare for a possible co-ordinated
student day of action against the war in Iraq.
Where: CUPW Boardroom, 377 Bank St.(off Lewis), ring at entrance
When: Tuesday, April 1st, 7pm
Traduction disponible/ Translation available
Background - In recent days, students - particularly high students from Hull/Gatineau
- have been exercising tremendous leadership in the movement against this terrible
war on the people of Iraq. High school students from the Ottawa side of the rivers
are also show a very high level of interest in demonstrating opposition to the war,
but have not yet begun co-ordination of this opposition.
The Committee for Peace in Iraq would like to extend an invitation to all students,
and particularly high school students, from the Ottawa-Gatineau region, to come together
and discuss strategies for a co-ordinated student-led Day of Action Against the War.
What form this might take, and the precise timing will be left up to the students that
participate in this decision-making.
Therefore, we encourage all students to come to this meeting, along with sympathetic
teachers, to talk about how we might launch an even larger, more ambitious co-ordinated
student-led action. CPI, and possibly other anti-war groups from the region, would like
to offer our support in building this.
For more information, please contact Kevin Skerrett, (613) 864-1590 (cell), or at
Pass this note on to any students or teachers that you think might be interested.
This is the OPIRGemail@example.com list. Participatory activist events only.
To unsubscribe, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and put
"unsubscribe" in the body.
Archive at: http://www.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca/lists/html/opirg-events/